(encourage children to experiment, mix and match and experiment with liquids, solids, indoors and out)
Children love to experiment with mixtures and potions, using their wonderful imagination to create perfumes from petals, magical potions to keep away spiders or monsters under the bed. This wonderful open ended resource can be developed to enhance a variety of skills, awe and pure wonder.
- Building children’s confidence to risk take
- To encourage children to guess what is coming next
- Share and develop stories
- Follow and make recipes
- Increase vocabulary
- Develop the skills for making the flux capacitor for time travel (ok this might be a little too much for a one day course)
- Role play and aspirations
- Understanding the safety side of potion building
Who is this training for?
Ideally aimed for staff working with children in the 3 to 5 age range, however staff who are based with the 2 – 5 range can attend as the session explores differentiation.
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org